Chrome Extensions by AWC
These extensions were created by club members and can be downloaded and added to the Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers. Unless othewise noted, the source code for all of these browsers is available for anyone to see! Check it out to gain a better understanding of the inner-workings of an extension.
- BROWSER SOUNDS (Created by Andres)
An extension that adds a small window where you can play comedic sounds from the browser.Browser sounds download pageBrowser sounds source code
- Minecraft Sword (Created by Jamison)
A very basic extension demonstrating a little bit more of how extensions work. This extension is not on the chrome store, so to download it you will have to do so manually via the chrome extension developer's portal.Minecraft Sword Download
To download, follow these steps:
- Click the link above to be directed to a google drive page with the file inside of it.
- Download "mcsword.zip" on to your computer and place it somewhere you will remember.
- Open the zip file and place the folder "chromeextensiontest" on to your desktop, or some other place where you will remember. You may need a program such as Winrar or 7-zip to open the zip file.
- Open Chrome and navigate to your extensions page. This can be found by clicking the three dots at the top right of your window, then navigating to More tools>Extensions.
- At the top right corner of this page, enable "Developer Mode" by clicking the switch to the right-hand position. This will enable you to load the extension into chrome.
- Click the "Load Unpacked" button in the now exposed nav bar, and navigate to where you put the "chromeextensiontest" folder. Upload it into chrome and turn on the extension. You should now be able to use it like any other extension!